Sunday 2 July 2017

Update on Sussex Police intimidation...

For the avoidance of doubt there is nothing embarrassing on any of my computers. Even if for no other reason than I use them for work and anything may pop up, also I already assume the police track everyone on the internet anyway!


I have been through loads and loads of information, procedures and other stuff and am getting a clearer picture...

The police arrested me at home for the sole purpose of performing a search to enable them to seize my phone/computer without getting a search warrant (which I have no doubt would have been declined).

Their arrival was the first confirmation that they were investigating me - I had phoned them twice over the previous two days asking if there was an investigation (the local press seemed very well informed) and if there was an investigation what I could do to ensure it was completed as quickly as possible (to protect my reputation and business). I would have attended a police station at the drop of a hat to get this matter sorted out.

The arrest was on suspicion of publishing some material on twitter - material they already had full access to - and still do! There has been no request to take the tweets down either to myself or to twitter.  I confirmed that I had written the tweets and explained why I had written them.

Clearly the material was not enough for them to make the bogus charge stick so they wanted to seize my computer equipment in the hope of obtaining something new to prosecute me for - 100% a fishing trip.

Once they find nothing, I am sure they will keep looking to save face.

Unfortunately Sussex Police have a 17 week backlog of mobile phones for processing - so that is the shortest amount of time it will take. But under this new 'Released Under Investigation' brain-dead UK law (thanks idiot Theresa May!) there is no maximum time limit -- at least bail has a 28 day limit on arrest to charge/no-charge!

So they can string this out forever, keeping hold of hundreds of pounds worth of computer equipment (seized without reason, in contravention of their own published policy, and entirely outside their own published process for doing so), equipment that I will soon have to replace at great and unnecessary expense - unless I can get the whole thing thrown out for their abuse of process.

I have started a Free Speech Protection Fund email list - do sign up! It is on mailchimp so you have full control of your details/subscription - the Police and local councils must not be allowed too chill the legal, free speech of the British population.

Free Speech Protection Fund sign up to be kept in the loop! http://radiofreeuk.org/freespeech

For the avoidance of doubt there is nothing embarrassing on any of my computers. If for no other reason than I use them for work and anything may pop up, also I already assume the police track everyone on the internet anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment